Archive for June, 2016
After two years of benign neglect of this site, I updated the blogroll. I added two and wanted to draw your attention to them.
Andy Smith’s Practical NLP Podcast is just profoundly good. He explains the fundamentals of NLP in such a way that you can put them to immediate use in your everyday life no matter what your level of training.
Barking Up The Wrong Tree is… difficult to describe. I’ll let you have a look.
Got a favorite blog for NLP, hypnosis, persuasion, or related topics? Let me know in the comments!
In one of my favorite blogs, Barking Up The Wrong Tree, we find five “how to read people” secrets backed by research:
- Don’t make the usual mistakes: Take context, clusters, baseline, and biases into consideration.
- First impressions are often accurate: With a number of traits you can trust your gut. But know which ones.
- Trust mimicry and emotional expression: But they have to be sustained and consistent.
- Awful people have tells: Pay attention to notice them. And look for narcissists in flashy clothing.
- Deepening voice and touching says “flirting”: True for both men and women.